- Our Mystery Artist was known for his portraits of people and for his very realistic flower paintings.
- He was a French painter who was born in 1836 and died in 1904.
- He learned how to draw from his father who also was an artist.
- Although he stayed with the classical and conservative style, some of his friends had joined the Impressionist movement.
- He actually married an artist - Victoria Dubourg.
- Today you can see his beautiful paintings in many galleries all over the world!
- You can learn more about him and see a wonderful collection of his paintings HERE>
- There are so many of his paintings that it's hard to choose a favorite. I was drawn to the Roses and Lilies but everything is delightful! What painting is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below...
Henri Fantin-Latour, Self-portrait (1859), Museum of Grenoble