Meet Bobbie Redington
♡ Bobbie teaches in Canby, OR and at various painting events.
You can contact Bobbie for her current class schedule and to sign-up for her classes at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobbie's CETiP Teaching Schedule 2023
Little known facts about myself....
- I have always been creative and as far back as I can remember, any opportunity to choose or suggest a gift, I asked for arts & crafts supplies. My first box of water colors at age 7 was used for everything from decorating pen pal letters to painting on rocks. I got my first box of pastels from the 88c store when I was about 9. I had no idea how to use them but that didn’t stop me! The junk drawer was, and still is, one of my favorite places to find creative add-ons for whatever project I’m working on.
- In the late 70’s I took my first oil painting class. The teacher tried to convince me it was not OK to thin down the paint to the consistency of water colors but I didn’t like it thick and in layers that took days to dry! Needless to say, we agreed oils weren’t for me and I didn’t go back after my first project – an elk in a field.
- I painted Christmas scenes in business windows for several years in the early 80’s. I collected coloring books and saved used Christmas cards to use as my sample book! The post office always challenged me to replicate that year’s holiday stamp.
- I started painting with acrylics in the early 80’s and it’s still my favorite paint medium today. I can go thick or thin with a variety of options in between. Putting acrylic with pencils is pure magic for me! (Thank you Erika.)
- I love house plants and have them in every room of our house except the guest bath that has no window. However, I compromised with a fake succulent that looks quite real.
- I am obsessed with audible books to get me through my daily 1-2 hour commute to/from work.
- I love to cook and entertain and for a while seriously considered opening a restaurant. Now I dream of owning a bed & breakfast with a large studio to hold events and paint classes with big brush teachers!