Meet Michele Wimmers
♡ Blessed to have my own studio on my property called Artful Grace Studio! Online teaching has become the norm. I also teach private and semi-private lessons in person. Located in the Lovely Havre de Grace, Maryland at the mouth of the Chesapeake River/Bay.
You can contact Michele to sign-up for her classes at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele's CETiP Teaching Schedule - 2023
Little known facts about myself....
- I’ve been a member of SDP since 1999. Wow 21 years already! Time really flies when you are doing what you love. I have always loved the creative process and I was blessed to have my maternal Grandmother and Grandfather who where both from Norway, teach me to love God, his creatures “Great and Small”, and creating things with my hands. I learned to knit, sew, bake, and garden, build things and mechanics from them. The also taught me about Jesus. I am forever grateful to have known them.
- I am a founding member of Bel Air Decorative Painters, and have held various positions through the years, unfortunately our chapter folded several years ago.
- I have been teaching art classes for the past 10+ years, to include acrylic, colored pencils, water color, and pen and ink as a Certified Zentangle Teacher. (CZT2014)
- I love animals and the great outdoors, and animals must sense that because they love me right back. I have instructed horse back riding, trail riding and alpine skiing, on and off the snow.
- I grew up in the Catskills of upstate New York. God’s Country as my Grandmother Gudrun used to call it. She was born in Norway and had pieces of Rosemal which is I believe the reason I have passion for the Decorative arts. She was very talented and creative and shared her passions with me. I attended New England College in New Hampshire and after graduation moved to San Diego until 1997. I moved to Maryland to be closer to family living in NY and Virginia.
- I learned to ski at a very early age, and pursued Alpine ski racing - Slalom and Giant Slalom in High School into College. My love for skiing and the Alpine sport, took me to Lake Placid for NY State Finals, and Glacier National Park - Red Lodge Racing Camp In Montana, and all around New England, Colorado - A Basin; and Northern California. I taught skiing on a revolving deck in San Diego at Adventure Ski School. Talk about the best of both worlds!
- I have a wonderful son who got married last Aug 2019 to the love of his life and I now have a beautiful daughter in law. I am looking forward to being a grandma. And in my second marriage I was blessed to become step-mom to a second son with special needs, who I am very proud of. I have always had fur baby’s and recently had to say goodbye to my dear sweet Bichon Maxwell, which has left a huge void. His sister Precious is so sweet and she is now getting doubly spoiled!
- I married the love of my life in 2012. We where married on the beach in Key West and there so blessed to take a honeymoon in French Polynesia where we enjoyed 3 Island adventures: Tahiti, Morea and Bora Bora- All because a co worker suggested it to my husband!! Thanks Elizabeth!!
- I am a Soul Care leader at my church. I love to serve others. I love to meditate while enjoying God’s lovely creations and feel blessed to use my artistic gifts to glorify God.
- My Favorite Words that inspire me: All thing bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All thing wise and wonderful, The Lord God made them all….