Meet Kathy VanHorne
Kathy's CETiP Teaching Schedule - 2020
Little known facts about myself....
- I have grown up in an artistic family who always encouraged me to purse my love for the arts. I have always greatly enjoyed art including photography, knitting, paper crafts, painting and jewelry making. I was a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator for 7 ½ years, however soon began to realize painting was my passion.
- I have been a member of the Society of Decorative Painters (SDP) for 18 years. I have been a board member of my local painting chapter and taught multiple painting programs. I currently focus on teaching acrylic, watercolor and color pencil projects.
- I began informally teaching painting classes 9 years ago in attempt to raise money for the adoption of our daughter from an orphanage in Bulgaria. In the last couple years I started Blue Willow Art Studio and have continued to teach regular classes there.
- I have been a licensed physical therapist for 18 years and currently rehabilitate infants to elderly adults.
- I have 3 children: Owen, Lucas and Alanna and am married to my supportive husband Jeremy.
- I love plants and animals. Orchids and succulents are among my favorite plants. We also currently have chickens, 2 tortoises, a bunny and a bearded dragon.
- I love traveling and have a heart for people from different cultures.
- I love keeping busy and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Most of all I am very active in our church. I am so grateful that God has allowed me to develop my artistic talent to share it with others.